Is also known as Tetrasodium Edetate. It is Tetra Sodium salt of Ethylene diamine tetraacetic acid.
It white solid, very soluble in water and forms a basic solution. Prepared from EDTA acid and Sodium Hydroxide, It is a strong complexing and chelating agent. EDTA Tetrasodium reacts with many metallic ions to form soluble chelates. As such, it is widely used in analysis to retain alkaline earths and heavy metals in solution and to dissolve scale.
We are the wholesale & the best leading EDTA Tetrasodium Manufacturers, EDTA Tetrasodium suppliers & traders in India
We can also offer in liquid Form on request.
EDTA Tetrasodium possesses enormous usefulness because of its role as a chelating agent, i.e. its ability to “sequester” metal ions such as Ca2+ and Fe3+. After being bound by EDTA, metal ions remain in solution but exhibit diminished reactivity. EDTA is produced as several salts, notably disodium EDTA and calcium disodium EDTA.
It is easy to use and is added to emulsions in the water phase at typical use levels of 0.02%-0.1% so it is very cost effective.
Physical properties & Specification Limits
- Formula : C10H16N2O8.4Na
- Relative Density: 0.7 g/cm3
- Molar Mass : 380.170 g mol/1
- Melting point : > 200oC decomposes
- Solubility : soluble in water100–110g/100ml @20C·
- Moisture : Max 0.2%
- PH : 11 – 12 (10% solution)
- It is used predominantly in agriculture, water treatment, pulp and paper industries.
- It is used in manufacture of cleaners and detergents.
- It is good addition to hand made soaps ,many hair products, creams and lotions.
- It is added to some foods as a preservative or stabilizer to prevent catalytic oxidative decoloration, which is catalyzed by metal ions.
- In the textile industry, It prevents metal ion impurities from modifying colours of dyed products.
- In Pulp and Paper Industry, it is used in the manufacturing of paper to maximize bleaching efficiency during pulping, prevent brightness reversion, and protect bleach potency.
- It inhibits the ability of metal ions, especially Mn2+, from catalyzing the disproportionate of Hydrogen Peroxide, which is used in chlorine-free bleaching.
- In personal care products, it is added to Cosmetics to improve their stability toward air.
- In Metalworking industries, it is used for surface preparation, metal cleaning, metal plating, and in metalworking fluids.
- In Cleaning products, it is employed to remove hard water scale, soap film, and inorganic scales and is commonly used in a wide variety of cleaning products and formulations, including hard surface cleaners, laundry detergents, bacterial cleaners, vehicle washes etc.
- In Photography, It is used as bleach in photographic film processing.
- In Scale removal and prevention, it is used to clean calcium and other types of scale from boilers, evaporators, heat exchangers, filter cloths, and glass-lined kettles.
- In Water Treatment, it is used to control water hardness and scale-forming calcium and magnesium ions and to prevent scale formation.
- In RO membrane cleaning, it is used for cleaning purposes.
- We are the leading EDTA Tetrasodium Manufacturers, EDTA Tetrasodium suppliers & Exporters
#6-3-652 D/28, 203, 2nd Floor,
Dhruvatara, Amrutha Estate,